Let me ask you a question if I might. You may say, “Pastor Anger, I really don’t want to answer that.” Please understand that doing so honestly can really be insightful.
How do you respond to a person that gives you a gift that is less than thoughtful? Here are eight hallmark responses.
8. Well, well, well. Now, there’s a gift!
7. No, really?! I didn’t know that there was a Chia pet tie! Oh, wow! It’s a clip-on too!?
6. You know, I always wanted one of these! Jog my memory–what’s it called again?
5. You know what? I’m going to find a special place to put this!
4. Boy, you don’t see craftsmanship like that every day!
3. And it’s such an interesting color too!
2. You say that was the last one? Am I glad that you snapped that baby up!
And the number one thing to say about the gifts you didn’t like is:
1. You shouldn’t have! No, really, I mean it, you really shouldn’t have!”
The beautiful thing about Christmas is that it commemorates the gift God gave mankind in Jesus Christ His Son. What’s more, His offering was so perfect that there is no need of returning it.